Friday 29 December 2017

New Year's Eve


New Year's Eve will be upon us in a few days. For someone who is normally in bed by 9pm, it's not something I look forward to and usually end up simply going to bed at my normal time, only to be woken at midnight by fireworks. 


I did once manage to make it to our local church, which is on an escarpment that overlooks much of South Gloucestershire and makes a wonderful vantage point from which to watch fireworks displays all over the area. It was memorable, but the attraction of New Year's Eve has waned with the years. Can't abide champagne either - bloats me and gives me indigestion. Sometimes I am persuaded to have a small glass at special events, but always regret it.

I guess I'm just not a party person - never have been really. I struggled to stay awake on New Year's Eve 1999-2000.


No comments: