Saturday 13 October 2018

Norse Allergies


Lots of stuff in the news recently about people being killed by anaphylactic shock caused by allergens in shop or restaurant bought food. If I had such an allergy, the last thing I'd do is to risk death by relying on shops alerting me, or not, to the presence of allergens - I'd make bloody sure I wasn't about to kick the bucket by preparing my own food from known ingredients. It just seems the sensible thing to do when suppliers of suppliers can't be relied on. Conversely, if I were a restaurateur I'd say that all my food definitely contained allergens and be done with it, rather than take the risk on myself.


Last weekend we discovered a Netflix series called Norsemen. It's a Norwegian comedy production and it's hilarious. Essentially, it's Vikings overlaid with 21st century social values. Well worth watching - we watched all of season 1 back-to-back and are well into season 2.

In the opening scene a captured slave in a Viking longship is complaining. The Viking chieftain walks along the boat and thumps him in the face. The chieftain then returns to the boat's prow and whispers to his 2nd in command; "You know, I'm not that comfortable with this confrontational leadership style."


No comments: