Saturday 20 April 2019

Design Pheasant Icons


When we were 'oop north' we took a diversionary trip to my old hometown of Southport and visited a junk shop, where I spotted this gorgeous cantilever lamp, which was ideal for allowing me to read comfortably in the living room. Favouring subdued lighting around the edges of the room means I find it hard to read at night.


Not only was it the perfect shape and a design icon, it came with exactly the shade to match the others in the living room. I was so in love with it that I didn't even bother haggling, as is my usual wont. Luckily it collapses and could be fitted in the car. It just needed a torpedo switch and a length of black cable.

Southport used to be a lovely town, but it's really not worth visiting anymore - loads of closed shops (and the ones being left being on the cheap and nasty side of quality), rubbish on the streets, etc. Birkdale, however, as become a little oasis of independent shops and pavement cafes.

Had dinner with some neighbours the other night and they have a tame pheasant that comes into the garden to be hand fed every evening. If they're not outside, he taps on the back door.



On the strength of this chap, they've ordered half a dozen pheasant chicks; however, I fear they've actually ordered some light snacks for the foxes in the neighbourhood, of which there are plenty.


No comments: