Wednesday 17 April 2019

Notre Dame Ferritin Groups


Overheard in the car:

Hay: "What with my menopause I'm worried about my ferretin levels.!

Chairman: "I think you ferreting days are well behind you now."

This Notre Dame Cathedral fire - I wonder if there will be an investigation into the cladding used; 12th century fire regulations aren't all they're cracked up to be/ All these ancient buildings are bloody fire hazards and need demolishing. if you ask me.

We went to Liverpool yesterday for a reunion meal of old shipmates I was a cadet with in 1971 on leaving school. We congregated in the Philharmonic pub, which has one of the finest examples of Victorian toilets in the country.


There were 3 groups represented:

Firstly, those who attended what was Riversdale Tech, as it was then known, as navigating cadets:


Secondly, those who joined the MV Onitsha for their first and second trips to sea:


And finally a select subgoup who had gone to sea from HMS Conway School:


The Chairman was in all three groups.

Off to Cardiganshire this morning for Hay to have another wild swim and to recover from last night...


No comments: