Friday 29 November 2019

GP14


Overheard while watching a TV programme about a bloke's journey through England's canal system (he was passing Pennington Flash at Leigh):

Chairman: "That's Pennington Flash he's going past. We used to go sailing there when I was a teenage cadet and studying for my 2nd Mate's certificate at Riversdale Tech in Liverpool. I have the distinction of sinking an unsinkable GP14 on that lake."


Hay: "I thought you said you did that at West Kirby Marine Lake?"

Chairman: "No, that incident was when I nearly totalled a RIB by going over a buoy at full throttle. We went to Leigh when the weather at West Kirby was inclement. I was involved in several maritime disasters as a cadet."

Hay: "I wouldn't be surprised to discover you were a cadet on the Titanic."


1 comment:

GeoffH said...

They are not GP14s, Main'sl shape is not right.