Monday 4 November 2019

Up Sodbury Aa


We helped built the Old Sodbury bonfire yesterday.



In my capacity as Health and Safety officer I did a risk assessment and reached the conclusion that it is a fire hazard. I was told to eff off...

Given it's adjacent to the football field, we had a digger scrape off an area of grass on which to seat the bonfire. The grass will be relaid after the site is cleared. Can't help thinking a bit more should have been excavated. To begin with it looked like Trench One on Time Team.

We're having the bonfire tomorrow evening at 6pm and there will be a huge, professional fireworks display - tickets were sold out in the first week of sale - about 300  will be attending.

We still need a scruffy old guy to sit on top of it. I was volunteered, as Boris was otherwise engaged. I still think we should have a Wicker Man - or a heretic, or a witch.

Given the sunny weather, I rolled out the bike from its shed for an airing yesterday.


Didn't take it on the road, as it necessitates going down a really muddy track. Just a start and letting it run for about 20 minutes to charge the battery. Starting to wonder whether I should sell it, as it doesn't get that much use. Hay won't go near it for some inexplicable reason. I even offered to get a sidecar, but still she refused. It has done only 27k miles in 22 years (R reg), so none of the previous owners has used it much.


No comments: