Saturday 1 February 2020

Pensioned Dr Jazz


I had occasion to phone my doctors' surgery yesterday morning to query an appointment. While I was kept in the telephone queue I was played some rather jaunty jazz music of unusually high audio quality. In fact, it was of such high quality that it is obviously coming from a dedicated room in the surgery building that houses a jazz quintet. What a ridiculous waste of my tax money - I shall write to my MP and complain, immediately. 


Most of my dozen or so pensions mature next month on my 65th birthday, necessitating me to have to fill in a God-awful number of forms to make choices and provide every bugger and his dog with my medical history - I detest form filling at the best of times. How the hell do I know what my cholesterol levels were on the last two readings without some interminable conversation with the receptionist at my doctor's - along with the above jazz quintet serenading me for half an hour.

You can imagine the pension company staff saying; "Hang on - we have another bugger here wanting his own money back.How can we make it as difficult as possible for him? Alert the Pointless Forms Department!"

Bastards!


No comments: