Friday 21 February 2020

Stampede


I've been waiting nearly 2 weeks for the bits necessary to create my wall-art steer. The final part, the handlebars, arrived yesterday.


Don't have the time this weekend to fix everything to the board, but will give it some thought as to how I can achieve this during the week.

This is the handlebar fixing on the original I saw, but I can't quite determine what it is or what it's from. Any ideas are welcome.


It could be a genuine, sawn-off, handlebar headset/stem, but the bit at the bottom of the fixing doesn't seem to match that. It appears to be screwed on with a large washer and a Philips screw.

I've ordered a set of orange handlebar grips to enhance it, but Hay thinks it will be overkill. I tend to agree. May dye the seat white to give more of an impression of a skull too.

Total cost thus far is £35. I could have done it cheaper, but not by much.


No comments: