Wednesday 15 February 2023

Balentine's Meal

Hay and I decided to have a Waitrose Dinner for Two for £20 Valentine's meal last night. Nothing to do with Valentines but simply because neither of us would be home sufficiently early to do a meal from scratch, and £20, including a bottle of wine, seemed a good deal.

We'd wanted the Boeuf Bourguignon, but they had sold out and all that was left was the Coq Au Vin, but if you've ever tried texting Coq Au Vin, you'll know that the v is very close to the b on a keyboard, resulting in me telling Hay I'd bought a Coq Au Bin.


Common mistake, by the look of it.

However, I have a complaint. The Coq Au Bin takes 40 minutes in the oven at 200 degrees, while the cauli cheese accompaniment takes 35 minutes at 170 degrees. You'd think they'd coordinate the main and side such that they at least cook at the same temperature.

Luckily we have a traditional oven AND a convection microwave, making the microwave a 2nd oven, but it is a waste of electricity.

I'm going to invest in an air fryer on Thursday - Lidl are doing Tower 4L air fryers at a very good price. I hope to use it to perfect my crispy belly pork, plus a few other recipes I have in mind.


No comments: