Monday 20 February 2023

Pee Brain

Overheard in the bathroom:

Hay: "You need a treatment on your face."

Chairman: "You mean an oat scrub and some soothing essential oils?"

Hay: "I was thinking more in terms of an orbital sander."

I'm convinced my bladder has its own brain, which also manages to tap into my proper brain and hi-jack it when convenient.


When I sense I want to go for a pee, it's generally not a problem and I can hold on for ages - hours, in fact, especially if I happen to be driving. However, once my proper brain knows there's a toilet nearby, or I'm due home, within about 5 minutes my bladder's brain manages to detect this and sets inexorable processes and urges into operation, meaning that if I'm not careful I can end up dribbling before I actually intend to.

Oh, the joys of ageing..


4 comments:

Roger said...

Make sure that the smart switch has a large enough capacity to handle the full load rating of the cooker, possiblyaround 30 amps.

Chairman Bill said...

I don't have a Smart Switch on my bladder....

Roger said...

Sorry :-). Something weird happened when I was posting my comment.

Anonymous said...

Your brother absolutely agrees with you - he should have posted the comment not me !!!!!!!!!!