Saturday 18 February 2023

New Veg Dish

OK, not a dish on its own, but a rather nice accompaniment to your meat; mashed cannellini beans with spinach.


Hay found the recipe in a Nigel Slater food column and we have a liking for his simple, but very tasty recipes.

I had my doubts, but I have to admit I'm a convert. Take boiled cannellini beans and defrosted, frozen spinach and blitz them, with lots of salt and cracked pepper. Earthy and delicious, with rather a nice colour too.


Here we have it presented with sausages (it's a twist on sausage and mash) with tartiflette.

I make my tartiflette with el cheapo, Tesco Camembert, eschewing the traditional Reblochon. Using Reblochon in tartiflette was a marketing coup for the makers of Reblochon, enabling them to inflate the price, but any soft, rind-washed cheese produces just as nice a result, if not nicer. Many recommend Raclette or Brie.


1 comment:

Boffey said...

Looks and sounds delicious.