Friday 24 February 2023

Kissy Kissy

Why do women invariably put an "x" at the end of messages?

Here's what ChatGPT says: "The "x" at the end of messages or texts is often used as a symbol of affection or to indicate a friendly or informal tone. It can be a way to convey a sense of warmth, closeness, or goodwill, particularly between friends or acquaintances. While the use of the "x" is not limited to women, it is more commonly seen in messages between women or from women to men, particularly in the UK and some other English-speaking countries."


I have to say it makes me feel slightly uneasy, as I don't know what the response is meant to be. If a man were to put an "x" at the end of a message, would it be interpreted in an entirely different way? 

I guess it would if it were directed at a man, but I mean if it were directed at a woman, even as a response to a message from a woman that already contains the "x". Because I suspect it would, I never respond in kind, unless it's a close relative.


2 comments:

Boiffey said...

"Fancy a shag" springs to mind!

Steve Borthwick said...

You need to get more in touch with your Feminine side Chairman!