Wednesday 31 May 2023

Hear Hear

Had a hearing test yesterday, as I keep turning the TV sound up and asking people to repeat what they just said. I've never had a hearing test before, so it was a new experience.

The degradation in my hearing has only manifested itself since I caught Covid last November, plus I have tinnitus in my left ear after it was blasted by using someone else's phone a couple of months ago, which was very painful at the time.


Click on the image above to enlarge it. The letters and symbols above the line are sounds I can apparently no longer hear or differentiate, which is strange, as they're in the higher frequencies, whereas it's the lower frequencies on TV that leave me confused.

There's no damage to my eardrums, but my ability to hear has nevertheless deteriorated, although no more than expected with age; however, I'm sure it has deteriorated more than someone of a similar age. 

We were watching the series 1883 (after having binge watched 1923 - we're doing it in a weird order) and someone said; "When he came home, my mother said he weighed 97 pounds." I though she said; "When he came home he was wearing a 2nd pair of pants." It makes a world of difference to the storyline. 


1 comment:

RannedomThoughts said...

Welcome to the world of subtitles.