Thursday 26 October 2023

Flipping Chassis

Having decided to use my existing chassis on the GT6 and effect some adjustments to it, I flipped the galvanised, Mk2 GT6 chassis I bought earlier in the year. 


I had bought it for £350 and had it on Facebook Market for £400, fully expecting to be beaten down to £350, which meant I got my money back. As it transpired, a bloke no more than 10 miles away offered me the asking price, plus £20 for delivering it.

He was busy rebuilding a Jaguar XJS, a 1960s Sunbeam Alpine and a Mk2 GT6. Taking on an XJS is serious stuff, as they were rot boxes from the start and there aren't that many left.

Anyway, we had a brilliant exchange over Messenger, talking about tools and cars, so I decided to let him have it for £350, forgetting it had cost me £50 odd in fuel to collect it from Preston. However, a deal is a deal and he was appreciative.


No comments: