Thursday 14 March 2024

Cheese Discovery

 I've made an accidental cheese discovery.

A couple of months ago I had to get a blood test because of low iron levels. As a consequence of this I was also diagnosed with high cholesterol, which was likely due to my excessive consumption of cheese as part of the keto diet.

Anyway, I'd already bought a couple of Lidl, Milbona camemberts, which I left in the fridge for a lot longer than normal. I opened one of them yesterday and was delighted at what the time interval had produced.


Camembert is usually somewhat bland, having to be spiced up by injecting it with garlic and herbs before grilling it in the air fryer for 20 minutes at 100 degrees C. However, the cheese had dried out and taken on a darker colour, becoming almost cheddary in consistency. The taste, however, was explosive. Far more depth that usual and with an unexpected bite - and the smell was heavenly.

Just to ensure it wasn't a freak accident, I opened the 2nd cheese round (after I'd scoffed the first one) and the result was the same.

I'm going to buy several camamberts and store then at the back of the fridge for a couple of months.


No comments: