Saturday 8 June 2024

Dash Update

Haven't been doing much with the dashboard since I've been waiting for my rocker switches and the stainless backplate to complete their journey to Argentina and back. Finally received them.

I now have a dilemma - to use the stainless backplate, which accommodates 5 switches and two knobs, or the one I 3D printed, which has space for 8 switches (5 are shown inserted). 

The stainless one matches the chromed bezels of the gauges I bought, whereas the black one doesn't. In any case, 8 switches may be overkill.


Despite the fact I'm leaning toward the stainless one, I have no idea how it fixes to the dash - there are no screw holes. I have asked the seller for an opinion, but it can only be by using the holes where the knobs fit at the ends, using some backing nut to lock it into place.


No comments: