Thursday 20 June 2024

Filtration

Finally, after a number of strenuous days where I was obstructed at every turn, I managed to collect the free pond filter equipment from my friend. Old, but eminently useable. It required me to use my trailer to collect it.



Two industrial filters and one 15k lph pump, which will be more than enough for our pond.

God alone knows how I'm going to make them inconspicuous. This is going to be a project that will embrace the entire two weeks of summer and necessitate a small bungalow to house everything.

My friend used to decant the sludge once a week, or once a fortnight, depending on the weather. What comes out of the bottom of these behemoths will form a rather nutritious addition to the garden compost heap.

The proof of concept system is struggling, as I squeeze out a thick, deep green soup from the plastic matting every 12 hours or so.


No comments: