Monday 27 January 2020

Sinister Images


I saw this photo in a news article and every time I see it I get a chill - it looks like a scene from Star Wars; perhaps the Sith HQ.


I used to work in an office in the Baltic Exchange, the building in St Mary Axe in London's financial district that preceded the Gherkin and was bombed by the IRA in 1992. The MD of the small company I worked for missed the bombing by some 20 minutes, having stayed late at the office prior to a flight to the USA.

Talking of sinister images, Moo, as we have called the fibreglass bull's head I bought to decorate the AirBnB room, has received his first coat of light grey paint. He will be finished off with gold leaf horns, muzzle, eyes and the inside of his ears. Depending on the effect, he may yet undergo a few more iterations in colour to achieve a non-scary, yet sufficiently interesting result.


Hay was considering a flowery decoupage with daisies, but I don't think that will give the desired result, although it will certainly be non-threatening.


No comments: