Friday 28 February 2020

Bully for Steer


Yesterday Hay completed the gilding of the horns on the bull's head we're mounting in the AirBnB room. She bought some gold leaf and learned now to gild from her sister, who is an artist.


I must say I'm impressed by her handiwork - all that's left to do is to apply a coat of shellac. We're at odds as to what to call him - Hay likes Bully, whereas I like Jim Bowen...

"Steer" hasn't progressed much; I've sussed a method of fixing the bike seat to the breadboard, but I ordered the wrong sized bolts (M4 instead of M6), so have to wait a couple of days for the replacements to arrive. Should have just gone to ScrewFix with the originals and asked for longer ones. The handlebars will be held in place by some leather left over from a reupholstery job I did a while ago, courtesy of a friend's suggestion (thanks Lizzie).


No comments: