Sunday 19 July 2020

A Productive Day


A productive day yesterday. TV strapped into position in the van using an old, leather belt, and it's operational, using my mobile phone's screen-mirroring (no Firestick), so I have all the catch-up services, Netflix and Amazon. It works just fine off the 300W cigarette lighter inverter and uses no more than 48W.


Proof of concept as regards stowing the kayaks in the van was proven feasible - I can easily put two kayaks in the roof space, with room to spare for the wind surfer. Access from the cab to the accommodation is only mildly compromised when travelling.


Made my best Greek yoghurt yet by using the thermal capacitance of the slow cooker for the incubation.




New covid face shields delivered. A pack of 6 is £11.99 on eBay and they're the best protection for myself and others - no virus can get through a film of plastic. They beat cloth face coverings, hands down. as there's no fogging of my specs and I can both eat and vape in it.


I reported a local instance of overnight fly tipping to the council. I note in a recent newspaper article that a Bristol home owner who paid a fly tipper £80 to dispose of his household rubbish was fined £1,000. He was identified from paperwork in the rubbish.


Still have to figure out how to get the kite yacht fixed on or in the van; however, I'm well pleased with the jobs accomplished thus far.



1 comment:

StevenHWicker said...

I really liked your Information. Keep up the good work. Car Battery Replacement