Friday 3 July 2020

A Type of Car


Spotted this yesterday at a local garage I frequent:





This 1963 2+2, with 63k miles on the clock, is one of a reasonably large, personal collection that's going under the hammer in the not too distant future. This E-Type is a project car, being a cross between a Series I and a Series II and has a lot of official Jaguar history. It last had an MOT in 2014.

I'd love to buy it, but Hay thinks £50k could be better spent. I disagree - it's an appreciating asset and would be the perfect impetus to me building a garage.

I remember when I could have bought one of these, admittedly not as rare, nor in as good condition, for £16k. I wish I had. They were and still are considered the poor end of the E-Type spectrum. Roadsters are much more valuable, but I prefer the lines of the 2+2.


No comments: