Wednesday 10 November 2021

Christmas Card Writing Service

This week I came across a service I never knew existed - Christmas card writing services. These are people who send handwritten Christmas cards on your behalf, but I'm buggered if I can understand why people use such services; by the time you've given the writer all the names and addresses and told them what you want to say, you may as well have done it yourself. Or, perhaps, such services use generic greetings.


The advert for one of these services writes; "There are many advantages to sending a handwritten Christmas card - it shows you have gone the extra mile, it is great to keep in contact...". Using someone else to send your Christmas card is surely the exact opposite of going the extra mile?

To be fair, I think these services are aimed at businesses, rather than individuals, but the irony stands about going the extra mile.


No comments: