Monday 10 September 2018

Anniversary Present II


Another bargain on eBay - a full set of leathers for £21. Starting bid was £20, someone bid that with 7 hours to go and I countered with an automated snipe of £62 with 5 seconds to go. Result!


That's less than the cost of a fluorescent rain over-suit. Not only that, but the bloke who is selling me the Daytona 955i is throwing in his leather Triumph jacket.


Insurance for me and Hay is £145 - no NCD or membership of a motorcycle club, so no discount - although I may join the Hell's Angels....

Something I need to think about is use of my Waze navigation app via Bluetooth, as well as communicating with the pillion passenger. Any advice on suitable devices that work with standard helmets and are both reliable and comfortable is welcome.

Can't wait for Saturday to come, although I'll still be sans helmet, unless I can get a temporary one for a fiver on Facebook Market. to tide me over. If not, then it's the trailer, as the helmet I ordered has an earliest delivery date of Tuesday week (and will probably not fit anyway).

Panniers are not possible due to the positioning of the exhaust, so the only solution to Hay's luggage issue is a top box on the tail, which doesn't look elegant, if you ask me. Hay's other problem is she's too tall and slim for any standard make of leathers - she's never managed to find leathers that fit her.


4 comments:

Roger said...

I never get well fitting boots because my calves are not very thick.

Chairman Bill said...

I benefit from rugby player legs - scrum.

A Heron's View said...

I never ever skimped on Helmets always went for the best that money could buy. Especially after seeing the half alive survivors of m/c crashes.

Chairman Bill said...

But what's better than ECE R 22.05?