Tuesday 4 September 2018

Shot to Hell Cat


Saw these shot glasses in the local charity shop and was sorely tempted to buy them - if only for Hay for our 2nd wedding anniversary on Sunday.


Perhaps not...

When going for my daily skating practice I keep seeing a grey tabby cat in Tesco's car park which seemed semi feral. I wondered how it survived and, today, the mystery was solved; it eats pigeons that infest the roof of the car park.


It's going to take me a while to get used to these new skates - stopping is very difficult and, until I master the hockey stop fully (which requires a lot of confidence), I keep doing pirouettes of varying size rather than an actual stop. The problem is that there's not as much ankle support as with the solid boots, so I'm rather more wobbly on my pins. As a consequence I've nearly come a cropper several times per session but have always managed to stay upright. The extra speed and the near silence of the wheels makes up for it though and I'm determined to persevere. Take off at any speed and you just keep going with no effort at all - it's scary.


No comments: