Wednesday 9 November 2022

MoT

Apropos of yesterday's post about the Triumph GT6 I intend to rebuild, I find it illogical that I could simply superglue a few panels to the car and drive it without a certificate to say it's safe, merely because it's older than 40 years and had no substantive changes.


Surely a 40 plus year old car is more likely to be unsafe as the older a car is the less likely it is to pass an MoT? One in five classic cars that actually have an MoT tests fail and driving a classic car subsequently found to be unsafe still lands you with a substantive fine.

I guess the thinking is, and I can find no definitive answer, that those who possess cars older than 40 years really look after them, which may well be true for the majority, but that's not a guarantee.


No comments: