Monday 4 February 2019

Toggie 'Orses on the Phone


On Saturday I took delivery of my new phone, resulting in there being no blog post on Sunday due to me having to spend all morning Sunday configure it, which took precedence over anything else.

I decided to go for a Note 9, but the process was tortuous. I was in the local Vodaphone shop for over an hour while the assistant struggled with the computer system, following which I had the option of waiting between one or two weeks for one to be delivered, or going to the Bristol shop - I chose the latter. Vodafone should have a 2 queue system - one for those who know exactly what they want, and another for ditherers who haven't a clue, or have come it to get advice on how to perform a simple task.

I have to say that there's not much difference between my old Samsung S8+ and the Note 9 - or at least I haven't noticed much of a difference. OK, it's nice to have the S-Pen back, but I've been so long without it that I'm used to it. The battery is allegedly more powerful, but I've yet to test that.

We went to Cirencester yesterday and I spotted this one the way back.


There are lots of 'orses is our neck of the woods. This is probably why I managed to bad a pair of size 10 Toggie rubber riding boots in one of the charity shops there for a tenner - perfect for working in a sodden garden in winter and much better than ordinary wellies. Also perfect for wading through snow, although that's all but disappeared now; however, it will doubtless be back before long...


No comments: