Sunday 24 February 2019

Wild Swimming, Sentient Telly


Our telly is sentient. I don't usually pay much attention to TV adverts, but one last night on catch-up caught my interest. It was for some car, but a panel appeared within the advert telling me where my nearest local dealer is. I wonder what other knowledge my telly has and whether it intends to take over the household. It has started to act weirdly too, as if it has a mind of its own, refusing to connect with my Bluetooth speaker.

Back to the calls for by-elections. It's rather paradoxical that the MPs calling for by-elections want the electorate in the constituencies of the rebel MPs to have another vote in the light of new information about those MPs, yet don't want the electorate to have a 2nd referendum in the light of new information on the consequences of Brexit. Think about it.

Went to Winchester yesterday so No.2 Son could check out the university ready for September. Hay took the opportunity to so another wild swim, this time in the River Itchen at Compton Lock, where there's a natural pool between a couple of weirs.


Winchester really is the perfect town for a spell at university.


No comments: