Wednesday 25 March 2020

The Triumph of Lock Down


Some advice - remove any hand jewellery, such as wedding rings or signet rings. Viruses can get trapped underneath them will be very difficult to remove with hand washing. We've got all our rings sitting on a table next to the bed for the next God knows how long.

Spent the morning yesterday tidying up the Triumph in order to put it up for sale. I bought it for Hay and I to go away on road trips on but, since I came off it in August 2018 and buggered up my thumb, she wouldn't go near the thing with a bargepole - and I ain't putting a sidecar on it. I just don't use it enough to justify keeping it, beautiful though it is.


The Triumph Daytona had a design fault - the tank is plastic, resulting in ethanol in the petrol causing the paint on the tank to blister. The blisters don't crack, but they are a tad unsightly. The solution is to never fill the tank to capacity, always leaving it 3/4 empty when not in use. I made the mistake of leaving it about 1/4 empty and so the blisters have appeared. Standard practice is to simply empty the tank and allow it to dry out. The blisters then disappear over the space of a few days. Syphoning is impractical due to the baffles in it, so I'm simply running the bike till it's all used up and leaving the tank to dry.

With the lockdown, Hay realised she is usable to perform her March wild swim. She compromised yesterday by taking a dip in her father's pond at 9 degrees centigrade. I suggested she use the well, which would have been far colder, but she thought that a bit dangerous.

I see the bloke who owns Sports Direct has bowed to public pressure and closed his shops.


How the hell did he think he could keep them open - they're fashion shops for chavs, for Christ's sake, not sports shops.

I wonder when the undead will start to take to the streets in large numbers...


No comments: