Friday 23 April 2021

Garage Quandary

I was browsing around our local junk emporium and spotted a couple of rather nice aluminium, 7 foot by 7 foot garage doors for £140 each. They look almost unused.


OK, wrong colour, but exactly the style I'll be looking for when I build my garage next year. I can always paint them with a nice wood effect. There again, I may go for a no doors and an open aspect with oak pillars. I'm in a quandary.

Should I get back into rebuilding classic cars, doors are somewhat of a necessity so I can work all weathers, as well as keeping the draughts out when doing any spraying.

Seems a shame to leave them at the emporium at that price. If I buy them I can always sell them again if I change my mind - they're nearly double that price new.

What would you do - and, more importantly, where would you hide them from the Mrs?


1 comment:

GeoffH said...

Weather the storm and go for it. Can't hide them in the boot of the car.