Sunday 18 April 2021

Upload / Download

Isn't it a shame that you live for decades, picking up knowledge, learning from mistakes and gaining wisdom, only for it to disappear the second you kick the bucket. You're unable to pass all this experience on to your progeny, except perhaps a few snippets.


I wonder whether, before I shuffle off my mortal coil, science will progress to the point where all the memories  and experience locked chemically into one's brain can be downloaded to some technological device and then uploaded to whomsoever.

I don't mean the conscious you - that would be nightmarish and akin to immortality - but merely the accumulated data.

There again, one's experiences determine who you are and, it could be argued, that someone else's uploaded knowledge would reshape the conscious you. Uploading Honest John Major's knowledge to Boris Johnson, for example, might result in a slightly more honest Boris. No - I agree, far too fanciful.


1 comment:

RannedomThoughts said...

I think it more likely he would try sh@gging Edwina Currie.