Sunday 24 December 2023

Another Project

While away in Anglesey last weekend, I spotted this in a craft market:


I should have taken a photo from the front, rather than the side, especially as the floor is wooden, but it's a wooden bench seat with the legs made of sections of a polished, steel girder. "Aha," thinks I; "I sense a project coming on."

I then spotted this RSJ on Facebook Market for £10. Well, it's not as large as a girder, but girders are not that easy to come by, so I snapped it up. As it transpired, it was being sold by the same bloke I bought a bunch of air tools from in the summer.


Unfortunately I've lost the 15cfm compressor I was borrowing, but I can borrow it back at weekends, as the RSJ requires a damned good sandblasting before being polished up.

Instead of a straight plank of wood, I'll think try to find a slice of tree to convert into a bench seat. It's a project, however, that's going to have to wait till spring to work on.


No comments: