Monday 18 December 2023

Droning Over Anglesey

Had a couple of days in Anglesey, where I went to school between the ages of 14 and 16 at a place called HMS Conway, which was in the grounds of Plas Newydd, the seat of the Marquis of Anglesey.

I took No.1 Son's drone to see if I could get some nice aerial shots. I would have liked to do more shots over water, but was too afraid of it ditching in the drink and it was a bit windy near the Menai Straits. Recovering it over land is hard, but feasible - it's not feasible in water.

The first shot was at Llanberis, which is not actually on Anglesey, but Hay wanted a swim - it's her favourite wild swimming site.


I then move on to the Menai Bridge, followed by Beaumaris Castle, the Marquis' house at Llanfair P.G. and then, finally, my old school, which was closed as a school in 1994 by the then Education Secretary - Margaret Thatcher.

Enjoy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You may want to edit Phil it eas 1974