Saturday 31 August 2024

Commissioning the Shed

 I commissioned the filtration shed this week - well, at least the UV part.



Electricity to hand with inlet and outlet pipes to the UV unit put though holes I bored through the walls. I kept the electricity and inlet pipe to the left of the shed as that's where there's a verandah, which protects any holes. I didn't have enough outlet pipe to put that through the same wall, but I can easily seal the pipe in place with silicone.

One major benefit of having the UV system indoors is that I can easily tell whether it's working, as I can see the glow from the end caps. The glow is impossible to see in daylight.


I've moved the make-shift physical and biological filtration setup to the rear of the shed, allowing the outlet pipe to play over an area of gravel that's within the perimeter of the pool liner, to which I've transplanted the watercress.


Whether I will use the large filtration vat remains to be seen once I've had a go at making a hydroponics unit.

I've given No.2 Son the job of finding a way to support one of the large vats. Let's see what hecomes up with.

I've added something to my bucket list - visiting the filtration room for the moat at the Bishop of Bath & Wells' palace at Wells.



No comments: