Saturday 10 August 2024

Peugeot Project

Stage 1 of the Peugeot Partner stealth camper conversion was to remove part of the cargo cage, lift the plywood flooring and then sand the flooring smooth and getting the hideous red stain off.



Given the flooring is going to be covered in vinyl, it's not really worth painting it in polyurethane varnish, although it would look good and so I did it. The ply is rather thin - 9mm or so - I may change it out completely for something a bit more chunky, 12mm perhaps. Should I consider burr walnut veneer?

The cargo area has 6 lashing points, 3 each side, which I'm thinking of using to attach the shelving and bed carcasses to, so they can be easily removed if the van needs to be used for transporting anything bulky.


With the cargo cage removed and the passenger seats folded flat, I can fit two kayaks inside the van. I'm loath to remove the cargo cage behind the driver, as it has the top anchorage for the middle seat belt incorporated into it. There again, the times I'll have two passengers will be very rare.

I also want a 3 way mini-fridge that works on 240V, 12V and LPG. They're quite expensive new, but you can find 2nd hand ones on e-Bay and Facebook Market for between £100 and £150. It would primarily be used on 12V while driving and gas when camped.

Along with that, I'll need at least one leisure battery, a make-shift water tank and a fold-flat gas hob. A sink isn't necessary, as a collapsible washing up bowl will suffice.

A 240V hook-up inlet socket? Maybe, but it's not really needed on a stealth camper. More of a nice-to-have than a necessity.


No comments: