Friday 19 October 2012

Hassles


E-mail from Hay to Chairman:

"Having a total nightmare with the bathrooms. There's no way of hiding the white plastic waste pipe behind the loo, so some of it will be on show, but I don't think that's a real problem. The towel rail doesn't fit so Gary is going to have to rearrange the pipes coming out of the wall. Colin is having a meltdown about the shower doors. He thinks we need them made-to-measure and fully fitted or the water will splash out everywhere and he doesn't want to take the chance. So I'm going to try and send the shower door back but it's now been ten days and they don't accept returns after 7 days, so I'll have to ask."

"The rope has arrived and Colin has hung himself with it."

I had much more pressing things to concern me, like wondering if I can get on that superyacht in Valetta Harbour.


Or whether the hotel would miss a chandelier or two....


Or why they had to give me this crappy hotel room...


In this crappy hotel...



4 comments:

Steve Borthwick said...

Looks like you're having a shocking time of it CB, I suggest you stop worrying, order another G&T and watch the sun set over the Mediterranean; it's 10 degrees, grey and drizzling here so we really feel for you.

Chairman Bill said...

Steve - and to cap it all off I had to come back by RyanAir...

Steve Borthwick said...

Outrageous!

Geo. said...

No problem. Ditch the towel rail and hang your towel on the waste pipe behind the loo... You'll just have to perfect your aim.
Leave Colin dangling, add a bit of tinsel and you've got yourself another chandelier.