Sunday 7 October 2012

Yo Muck!


No.1 Son persuaded me to go to The Mall at Cribbs Causeway on the outskirts of Bristol yesterday. The purpose was to have lunch at a Yo Sushi establishment there.

Never again! In fact, not even yesterday!

I've had Japanese food in a number of countries, being a fan of the real stuff from my seafaring days and long stays in Japan (I even had a smattering of Japanese in my youth), but this was the worst interpretation of sushi I've ever seen. And the prices were a rip-off too.

I didn't actually eat the food - it simply looked unappetizing as it went past me on the conveyor and not at all like the genuine article.

Imagine a Chinese restaurant owned by someone from say Yorkshire, with a chef from Lancashire. Now you wouldn't really expect the fare to look or taste genuine. Now translate that into a Japanese restaurant and you have Yo Sushi.

Tesco sushi looks infinitely more genuine.


No comments: