Sunday 29 December 2013

Solar Energy


Since the 6th of March we've generated £1,156 worth of electricity with the solar PV array.

Since the 6th of March we've used £1,110 of electricity.

In effect, I'll be paying for only one calendar quarter of my electricity (unfortunately the most demanding quarter - January to March), which will be quarter I have been saving £70 a month for since March.

On the up side, I should receive the £0.43 feed-in tariff for another 20 odd years (although future governments could easily renege on this commitment). On the down side, the price of electricity is guaranteed to rise over that period, so the benefit will decline over time.

There will come a point when I may consider storing my excess generated power in batteries, rather than sell it to the Grid.


No comments: