Saturday 27 September 2014

Parfitt Biobank


I participate in something called Biobank, which monitors people's health factors over their lifetime. It usually involves nothing more strenuous than a visit to Bristol every 2 or 3 years for a thorough medical.

A few weeks ago, however, I was asked whether I'd wear a wrist-band activity monitor for a week, to which I agreed. It looks like a watch, but it in effect an accelerometer that measures your level of activity. 

I'm not sure what the Biobank people are going to make of my readings - I wear my father's self-winding Omega SeaMaster watch, and I'm so in active that it needs a damned good shaking at least twice a week to prevent it stopping. The monitor is not so much an activity monitor, in my case, as an inactivity monitor.

Could have sworn I saw Rick Parfitt in Lidl in Yate yesterday afternoon. However, as the chap I saw  yesterday looked like the Rick Parfitt I last saw in Chalk Farm some 25 years ago, it couldn't have been him, unless he's had a lot of work done on his face in the intervening time.


No comments: