Thursday 8 June 2017

Reynard II


Reynard has visited us every evening this week except for one, when it was raining particularly hard. He (or she) doesn't have a set time, but it's anywhere between 8:30pm and 9:30pm,


The ritual is always the same - he come up to the tump outside our French doors and just sits there, staring into the house. I then get the day's scraps (possibly with a pouch of cat food added if there's not much in the way of scraps), go outside and the fox retreats to a safe distance until I've decanted the scraps on to the tump (a tump being local-speak for any hillock).

Sometimes he takes a mouthful and disappears for a few minutes before returning for another; at other times he snaffles the lot there and then. Once finished he hangs around for 10 minutes or so, hoping I'll take more out, but I never do.


2 comments:

Steve Borthwick said...

I assume he's not voting Tory?

Chairman Bill said...

Good one, Steve.