Saturday 30 March 2019

Curly Cable Anxiety at a Hard Breakfast


Apparently some people were marching in London yesterday afternoon shouting; "We want breakfast" - and they wanted it there and then at 4pm. Not only that, but they seemed to be shouting that they wanted a hard breakfast. Shredded Wheat?

Had a helluva job getting a cable for the Cobra phone - mostly through my own fault. The first one I bought was perfect - RJ10 one end and BT connection at t'other, but it came as grey instead of black. Checking the order it was indeed listed as grey/black. My mistake. The 2nd one was black, but had RJ10 at both ends, and was far too short. Again, my mistake. 3rd one was black and the right length, but RJ10 a both ends. Once more my mistake. I finally resolved this by purchasing a separate adapter.


OK - it was all my mistake.

When you buy coiled phone cables, the length given in the advert headline is the extended length, which is a fraction of the coiled length, the latter being the more important - I needed a 1m coiled length, which means 3m or more extended. I must learn to read the adverts in full before ordering things.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing very nice detailed information. Please check haute her tips