Thursday 14 May 2020

Chain Mail Tesco


Overheard:

Chairman: "This hoodie is impervious to wind."

Hay: "What - as well as arrows and spears?"

Chairman: "Yup, but it isn't so good at protecting me when you throw boiling chip oil over me."


It has become by favoured clobber for bike rides in this changeable weather - very thin, and so easily packed into a small rucksack, while still very warm.

Now that the National Trust is opening up its car parks, I can use it to sneak into the venues as a ghost or tour guide.

Our local Lidl has been closed for most of this year for refurbishment and I can't wait for it to open again later this month. I've been spending a bloody fortune at Tesco since January and it's making a severe dent in my shopping budget. Not even half way through the month and the budget is already 3/4 spent. I blame the wine prices; they're astronomical.


No comments: