Friday 15 May 2020

Theatre of the Damned


Theatres are under financial pressure due to the regulations on social distancing and many might close for good.

I don't know about you, but I hate going to the theatre, even for good plays. It's the theatre experience itself that I don't enjoy. The journey to the theatre, crowds of people, uncomfortable seats, some bugger with a big head sat in front of you, queuing for a drink at half time, bad view, etc, etc.


To my mind, theatre is eminently suited to live televising, perhaps on a pay-per-view basis. You're sat in the comfort of your own home and get a perfect, unobscured view - in fact, multiple views and closeups. I'm convinced televising theatre productions would bring in a lot more money than the current system where one has to be present.


No comments: