Tuesday 26 May 2020

Covid Risk of Retirement


So, Dominic Cummings is brazening it out. No surprises there. His answers had all the hallmarks of evasiveness and the fact remains he broke the rules most of us abided by and transported a Covid sufferer 260 miles across the country. By his own admission he didn't even bother to seek childcare support in London, where he has at least one relative and many friends, and is it really necessary to drive for an hour to check one's vision for a 4 hour drive home? I can do it by simply opening my eyes and wouldn't risk my wife and child (who I obviously care deeply for) in the process, had my eyesight indeed been wonky.


His sycophants are heralding the interview as a triumph, but then they are people who Dominic has openly admitted he used lies on to win a referendum.

'Journalists' allegedly mobbed Dominic Cummings on Sunday and were't practising social distancing.


The amount of expensive SLR cameras in evidence suggests it's far more likely that they're paparazzi, who are not exactly known for their morals or ethics. It will be spun, however, as journalists by him and his supporters, one of which was obviously in an upstairs bedroom to capture the event.

I wonder if there's a higher incidence of C-19 among paparazzi than in the general population?

I was so glad it was a Bank Holiday yesterday - I needed the rest. I'm being sarcastic. While I've enjoyed the lockdown, it's starting to get on my nerves. When working I looked forward to the weekend, but now every day is like a weekend and I'm losing track of what day it is. This must be what retirement is like, and I don't want it. I'm much better having a routine and a busy day.


No comments: