Friday 5 June 2020

A Blow-up of Covid Sharks


I was intrigued by a news item concerning a smooth hound shark that was trapped in a tidal pool on Caswell Bay Beach in the Gower, where we go a lot for weekend breaks.


While looking up information on the sharks found in British waters, I discovered that there has only been one shark fatality in the UK. Apparently, in 1956, 3 Royal Navy officers came across a harmless basking shark off the Lizard and decided to blow it up with explosives. They strapped the explosives to the docile beast and let it go. Unfortunately for the naval officers, the shark swam under their vessel and blew it, and them, to kingdom come. Poetic justice.

The day before yesterday Hay ordered a C-19 home test kit and, wonder of wonders, it's scheduled to arrive today. How's that for efficiency? Currently faster than Amazon Prime - if it's actually delivered.

In response to a couple of comments on my post of yesterday; i) I haven't considered a yoghurt maker because they're simply too expensive and they seem less artisanal. Added to that, they seem to make it in small quantities in lots of pots, whereas I want about 2L at a time, and ii) yes, I'm aware milk powder thickens yoghurt, but I prefer to not add artificial thickeners. I tried it earlier in my experiment, but it affected the taste negatively.

I'd have answered the comments within the comments section, but I have discovered it would necessitate logging out of another Google account that I frequently use for Google Analytics. Having two accounts open simultaneously prevents me adding my own comments where they're meant to go.


No comments: