Monday 29 June 2020

Round 2


Overheard watching Muse on Glasto reruns:

Chairman: "Matthew Bellamy's dad was a drummer with the Tornadoes. Telstar."

Hay: "Joe Meek produced Telstar - difficult man to live with, apparently."

Chairman: "A bit like me then."

Hay: "He was a perfectionist."

Chairman: "Not like me then..."


I polished the bell I got with some car bodywork rubbing compound and it came up a treat.


The clapper is steel and a tad corroded, so I thought I'd remove it and give it a wire brushing. Looking into the bell, it's not immediately obvious how the clapper is removed, so I looked on YouTube to see if there were any hints. I was most surprised at the result.



All I got was testicular torsion. Not me personally, you understand, it was simply that all the results of a search on "removing bell clapper" produced that result.

Further research produced this; "Bell Clapper Deformity of Scrotum. Failure of normal posterior anchoring of the gubernaculum, epididymis and testis is called a bell clapper deformity because it leaves the testis free to swing and rotate within the tunica vaginalis of the scrotum much like the gong (clapper) inside of a bell."

I guess you know you have it when you go BONG when you walk...



No comments: