Saturday 2 January 2021

The Return of the Bad Badger

The Bad Badger was returned from the mechanic's on Wednesday and I took it to KwikFit to have the Agilis motorhome tyres I bought several weeks ago in the Black Friday deal fitted.


The immobiliser and HP fuel pump have been repaired and the bill was £612, which was a couple of hundred quid less than anticipated - but I got trade rates from one of the garages we use at the showroom.

Hay is attempting to get the insurance to pay for it but, given the repair wasn't done by one of their approved garages, I doubt she'll have much success. It's not our fault it couldn't be driven to their Bristol garage or that they couldn't get a low loader round the back of ours to take it away. It was also their choice not to come out and assess the damage from the attempted theft.

It now has the steering wheel lock in place, as well as the Denver Boot. I ordered a GPS tracker that I'll fit over the next few days, which will warn me if the van moves anywhere from a 50 foot radius of the house. I'm even considering drop-down posts in the parking area as an additional precaution to prevent it being moved.

Given the bonnet on the Fiat Ducato is renowned among thieves for being very easy to open from the outside, I really need to investigate some preventative mechanism. A chain and padlock through the bonnet isn't really aesthetically pleasing.

Here's wishing a very Happy and Healthy New Year to my reader - may all your Tiers be small ones. 


No comments: