Friday 25 June 2021

BMW Rules

Went to the BMW dealership in Bristol yesterday morning to order a new key for our works mini van, the one and only original having been lost by a member of staff. 


Took the logbook registered in the company name, a letter on company headed paper and my driving licence, to cover all bases.

I was informed by the bloke behind the counter that, according to new rules BMW has imposed, they require the car to be present in order to place an order for a new key.

I asked him how that would be possible, when the reason we needed the key was because it couldn't be driven and we can't even get into it. 

The only option is to pay a vast sum to have the car towed there - and back.

I have to state here that I'm not the one who looked up the requirements - I was acting under orders.


No comments: