Saturday 5 June 2021

Exhaustion on the Intake

Overheard:

Chairman: "This spiral bannister is getting a bit of a patina on it."

Hay: "You have a patina about you - especially on your white T shirts when eating. A similar patina to Sir Les Patterson."

The 3rd party exhaust for the motorised bike has arrived.


We're away in South Devon in the van for the weekend, so No.2 Son has been left with the mission, should he chose to accept it, of attaching and routing it so it clears the pedals.

I was going to leave him the objective of building the carburettor, but I think that's best left to me. I don't think anyone in the household, except me, has ever seen a carburettor, let alone built one from a box of bits.

I checked with the local bike repair shop yesterday and they're prepared to put the Pedal Assist Sensor and motor wheel on the e-bike before they set to work on tuning the gears and brakes, thus ensuring I won't ruin the work I will be paying for by installing the parts after the tuning. Seems a bit of a cheat, but it's entirely driven by pragmatism.

I've noticed that there's a sudden upsurge in the number of bikes available on Facebook Market - there are some really good bikes at very reasonable prices. Seems many of the people who bought bikes during the lockdowns are now divesting themselves of them.


No comments: