Sunday 20 June 2021

Woo-Hoo - Swedish Jam Jars on an E-Bike

Have you noticed that, for some people, all Covid restrictions have already ceased? While buying my Sunday paper, I noticed that, of the 4 people in the newsagent, only I was wearing a mask. No bloody wonder cases are going through the roof around here.

 

I've noticed that over the last 3 weeks or so, my readership in Sweden has increased dramatically to the extent that Sweden is currently at the top of the list. Any Swedish readers of my blog care to comment why this might be? 

As a regular Jam Shed Malbec imbiber, I've been entering their promotion, where you can win a £1 off a bottle of wine, or a couple of their Jam Shed, hipster, jam jar glasses.

I won about a week ago, on both counts - a couple of pounds off and two jam jars.


Great for the van, although not what I'd usually choose to drink wine from. A glass, when all's said and done, is a glass, no matter its shape.

However, on attempting the competition once more, I was informed I'd reached the maximum number of goes. Hay therefore entered and she won another couple of jam jar glasses at the first attempt. That's rather jammy.

E-bike nearly finished - just the battery wires to connect - the issue being different connectors as the battery is not part of the kit, so awaiting a delivery of the correct XT60 connectors from Amazon sometime today.

I was a bit confused as to how to connect the ring connectors on the 3 Pedal Assist Sensor wires to similar connectors on the controller, as it was not obvious how this could be achieved without bolts and acres of insulating tape. No.1 Son suggested there had to be something in the kit to accomplish said task and had a look in the box of bits, where he discovered a small, 3 pronged connector block which was obviously the part needed. Not an elegant solution, nor colour coordinated (bright yellow, which I painted black), but effective.


Still not entirely happy with the battery stability - something is needed to keep it better secured, but of a quick-release nature so it can be easily removed for charging or security - it is worth £320, after all.

Next project might be an electric unicycle, with a gyro, or even converting the Triumph Daytona to a pedal version...


No comments: