Friday 2 July 2021

Bike Tales

Well, apparently I fell off my bike on Tuesday afternoon returning home from work and have no recollection of anything following that till waking up on Wednesday afternoon in Bristol's Southmead Hospital Neurosurgery Ward on Wednesday morning with a black eye and some gashes on my forehead.

A scan showed I'd sustained a fracture between my left eye's orbit and nose, necessitating taking it easy for 4 to 6 weeks - certainly no exercise and no wine. I'd been trying to mount the pavement and something had gone wrong, leaving me sprawled on the pavement with blood streaming from my bonce - although headwounds are notorious for looking worse than they actually are.

Of course, I wasn't wearing my crash helmet due to the distance home being only a couple of hundred yards - sheer stupidity on my part.

On the plus side, an old school mate happened to be in the country and came round in her Winnebago to wish me well while on her way to a holiday in the Brecons.


I was due to take No.2 Son to Winchester today to take possession of his flat ready for him starting university in September but, due to a number of administrative cock-ups, that has thankfully now been delayed till tomorrow.

The black eye will take a little while to disappear, I fear.


However, I'm in the very capable hands of my carer...

I was shocked no-one thought to take a selfie next to my inert body on the pavement though... 



No comments: